Exeter Water polo HIIT Training Session 1
So by now we’ve all had a few weeks to binge watch Netflix and eat ice cream! However, at some point we will be back in the pool and training harder than ever. So to stay in shape and avoid the lockdown blues.
Below will be the first of many workouts we’ll be adding over the next few weeks for everyone to try out.
Remember to take some photos and videos during your workout for us to share and inspire others!
Move at Home HIIT Workout 1
|Spiderman Lunge with Reach||5 reps each side|
|Box Jumps||10 Reps|
|Pushup From Knees||10 Reps|
|Lateral Skater Jumps||10 Jumps on each leg|
|Jump Squats||12 Jumps|
|Dumbbell Snatch||8 Reps with each arm.|
|Step Up & Press||15 reps on each leg.|
|Mountain Climbers||10 Reps|
|Tuck Jump Burpee||10 Reps|
Spiderman Lunge with Reach
- Start standing.
- Take a big lunge step forward with your left foot. Put your hands down inside your left foot.
- Turn with your left arm toward your left leg, reaching your hand up toward the ceiling.
- Come back down, step back and switch sides.
- Find a chair or couch you can safely land on.
- Jump up onto the surface of the chair or couch, landing softly.
- Bend your knees and stick your hips back as you land.
- Then, step back down to the ground and repeat.
Pushup From Knees
- Start on the ground on your knees.
- Plant your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Drop down until your chest is close to the ground, then press back up until your elbows are straight.
- Complete as many reps as you can with proper form. If you can’t go down all the way, it’s time to stop.
Lateral Skater Jumps
- Start standing.
- Lift your right foot off the ground.
- Squat down slightly on the left and jump off your left leg toward the right.
- Land on your right leg with your left in the air.
- Once you have your balance, jump back over to the left side.
- Start standing.
- Reach your arms up overhead.
- Throw your arms down and, at the same time, squat down and stick your butt back.
- As soon as you reach the bottom, throw your arms up and jump up so your feet leave the ground.
- Land softly on your feet and go into the next rep without pausing.
- Start by filling a big water bottle up or use a tin of some kind as your dumbbell
- Start with your ‘dumbbell’ on the ground, between your feet.
- Go down and grab the ‘dumbbell’ with your hand.
- Your knuckles should be facing forward.
- Stand up with the ‘dumbbell’ slightly so your knees are still bent and it’s between your knees.
Step Up & Press
- You’ll need a chair, couch or stool that’s sturdy enough to step onto.
- Grab your weights and bring them up to your shoulders.
- Put one foot on the chair or stool.
- Step up so both feet are on top and you’re standing up straight.
- Press the ‘dumbbells’ overhead until your arms are locked.
- Then, bring the weights back down.
- Step back down to the ground and repeat on the same leg.
- Start in a pushup position with your hands under your shoulders.
- Bring one knee up until it’s under your stomach.
- Keep your foot in the air.
- Then, you’ll hop and switch legs.
- Continue pumping your knees, alternating legs with each repetition.
Tuck Jump Burpee
- Start standing, then fold over and put your hands on the ground.
- Kick your legs back so you’re in a pushup position.
- You’re going to perform one pushup, which you can do with your knees on the ground.
- Then, stand back up and jump.
- As you jump, tuck your knees like you’re jumping into a pool and doing a cannonball.
- Land softly and repeat.
Credit must go to Under Armour’s MyFitnessPal Blog in which this workout was inspired.