The third instalment of our home workout series is here! Leg strength and endurance is key to being able to play water polo effectively.
Remember to take some photos and videos during your workout for us to share and inspire others!
Complete 3 circuits of this workout with a rest in between.
|Goblet Step Ups||10 Reps Per Leg|
|Walking Lunges||10 Reps Per Leg|
|Split Squats||10 Reps Per Leg|
|Hip Bridges||15 Reps|
|Lateral Lunges||10 Reps Per Leg|
|Squat Jumps||15 Reps|
|Elevated Split Squat||10 Reps Per Leg|
Goblet Step Ups
- Find a chair or bench with a flat surface.
- Find a weight to use like a tin of beans or a large water bottle.
- Hold your ‘weight’ at chest height.
- Step up on foot onto your platform.
- Step back down with the same leg.
- Alternate legs each time.
- Using your ‘weights’ still, take a lunge forward with one foot.
- Drop the alternate knee almost to the ground.
- Step up so your feet meet.
- Alternate lunges on each side.
- Start in a split squat position.
- Holding up your ‘weight’ drop one knee to the ground.
- Try to get both knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Explode upwards with the opposing leg.
- Alternate each rep.
- To make this move harder. Jump as you swap legs.
- Lie on your back with you feet tucked in close.
- Lift your hips as high as you can and squeeze your glutes.
- Lower your hips back down to complete the rep.
- Take a big step out sideways, keep both feet facing forwards.
- Squat onto the leg you have stepped out with.
- Go as low as you can then step back to the centre.
- Alternate legs each rep.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Squat down and throw your arms backwards to create momentum.
- Throw your arms up into the air, jump as high as you can.
- Land with your knees slightly bent.
Elevated Split Squat
- Using your couch or a chair, lift one foot backwards onto your chair.
- Drop your back knee down as close to the floor as possible.
- Using your foreword leg, stand back up.
- Alternate after 10 reps.